Friday, July 31, 2009

Why are Yahoo messages enclosed in <font> tags in iChat?

I connect to YIM through a jabber network account in iChat. I also connect to Google Talk the same way. I am able to receive instant messages from friends on either Google or Yahoo; however, the messages that Yahoo! Instant Messenger friends send are enclosed in %26lt;font%26gt; tags, i.e. %26lt;font "12"%26gt;text%26lt;/font%26gt;.





I am using the jabber.org.au network if that helps anyone that has an idea as to why I am seeing HTML codes with Yahoo! instant messages.





I am simply curious to know if a solution exists.

Why are Yahoo messages enclosed in %26lt;font%26gt; tags in iChat?
It's probably because you're using fonts in Yahoo messages that are not in your network, so it converts to something your network understands, trying to keep it as close to the original font and size as it can.





This is conjecture, I don't know for sure.
Reply:yahoo is awsome



website design

No comments:

Post a Comment