Saturday, July 25, 2009

What are meta tags and how do I use them to increase traffic to my site?

I'm not very good with programming, so please explain to me as if I am 3.


Where exactly should I put my meta tags?


What do I put in my meta tags?





I use wordpress for my blog with mistylook theme...

What are meta tags and how do I use them to increase traffic to my site?
meta tags are in between the head tags, beginning of web page. they follow a specific format, so look that up on the web. they are used to tell search engines the description of a site, the keywords for the content of the site.


If your site is just your blog, you'd go into the header.php file to see your meta tag area. If you have access to your templates, you'd go into Presentation (dashboard), then theme editor. select the header.php file. there should already be some meta tags there. Increasing traffic to your site will work better if you use the rss syndication methods available in Worpdress instead of waiting for engines to find your tags.



small business web

No comments:

Post a Comment